Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Allie shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Allie?

I shoot film for the simplicity of it. You look through the viewfinder and click, and the result never needs to be modified by a computer.

I began shooting film in high school, in a photography class, and continued in University. There was no such thing as the DSLR, so film was still the way to go for the best quality. I have never felt totally comfortable with digital, either, so perhaps that keeps me sticking with film.

I am happy to have a few really wonderful cameras, most of which were given to me by my husband’s Grandfather. Each camera has its own story and its own quirks, and I can picture what the image will look like when it is developed depending on which camera I am using. I love that.

In the end, though, I think I shoot film because it is more lifelike. You can remember the experience through the tones and light in a way that digital just cannot match.

You can see more of Allie's film photos in this set on Flickr.


  1. It is right. The surprise is surpassing when you photograph the analog way. And it is also right that you do not need time to spend on the computer to finish the pictures there.

  2. this is such a wonderful shot. and great stuff over at her flickr stream too!

  3. Gotta agree. The shot is perfect and I´ll definately go and take a look at her stream now.



Related Posts with Thumbnails