Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Testing! Testing!












Ever since my Olympus mju-II died during Easter, I've been thinking of getting a new analog compact camera. I want to be able to always carry two analog cameras with me; one with color film and one with black & white film.

My first ever camera, the blue Fuji FZ-5 (pictured here) has been laying around in a drawer for a long time, so today I took it out for a test shooting on my walk to the office.

I loaded it with Fuji Sensia 200 slide film and had it cross processed. The guy at the photo lab warned me that the shots are rather green, and I have to agree with him. That's the thing with cross processing; it's very unpredictable! But the most important thing is: the blue camera works! It's not very good on close up shots or in dull light, but as long as I keep my distance and shoot in bright sunlight it works well.

I have uploaded all the shots from today's test shooting to this set on Flickr.

Next test shooting will be with Sølve's party camera bought in Brazil in 1999: Vivitar PS 55s

Btw, it might seem like the Olympus didn't die after all. A girl at the photo lab pressed a button I haven't tried before, and then it started to act normal again. I have loaded it with a new film, so let's see how it goes...

4 comments:

  1. I like the green tint! It might be a little bit much in the first picture, but in the others, it adds a nice old fashioned touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way this camera+film presents sky and water! (I really like all the blues actually- they're so vibrant)A vintage postcard feel? I'm glad you were up to some testing! testing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. where's that gnome gone? I was looking through those "other posts you might like" on this blog and started missing him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything works, very active and attractive blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails