Thursday, 23 September 2010

Arvika, Sweden

On July 28 I spent about five hours in Arvika while waiting for our Saab to get ready to hit the road again. It's a charming little town. I bought fresh local strawberries that I enjoyed while reading my book - The Brooklyn Follies - in the sun. I also scored a lovely glass osteklokke (does anyone know the English word for it?) at the market.

Film: Fuji Velvia 100F


  1. A butter dish, by the looks of it.
    I visited Arvika for just a few hours once. Still have a knitted Santa I was gifted there. :)

  2. i'm guessing it's a cheese dome.

    lovely photos, as usual, astrid!

  3. Beautiful! What a pretty place to have to wait for car repairs.

    In English, I think that glass would be a cloche--I have a much simpler one that I use to keep cupcakes fresh, but it's most commonly used for cheese...;)



Related Posts with Thumbnails