Monday, 10 May 2010

Tina shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Tina?

I take pictures; I do not consider myself a photographer, just a picture taker.

When I load film into my camera there is a new and different kind of excitement for me. I feel myself pay more attention to details; are the setting correct, is there enough light, is the composition interesting? You only get one shot with film and I want it to the best of my ability. I want to be surprised by the results but at the same time disappointed, I want to learn from those results. Film allows my skills to grow and develop in a way digital cannot.

I’m also a bit nostalgic when it comes to film. Using it always brings back old memories of travel, birthday parties, girlfriends squeezing into a photo booth, hot summer days and family gatherings that were all captured forever on film before the birth of digital. I love that it cannot be erased but I fear that one day there might be children out there that will never know or experience film. Film allows me to keep an open connection with the past.

You can see more of Tina's film photos in these sets on Flickr; polaroid and holga


  1. great interview! shoot for the moon Tina!!!

  2. Thanks for asking me to be part of your little project!! I have been enjoying it from the beginning and I'm very happy to be able to contribute to it!!



Related Posts with Thumbnails