Friday, 14 May 2010

copper pots

One day we plan to rebuild our kitchen. Sølve says he then wants copper pot hanging from the roof. I'm very skeptical; I'm not sure I like it. First, I normally prefer an uncluttered kitchen with stuff hidden behind cupboard doors. But then again, I like the idea of copper pots in a rustic Italian/French country side kitchen, but I'm not sure it will work in a modern kitchen - if you know what I mean.

Then I came across this image on page 172 in issue 3 of Lonny magazine (photo by Patrick Cline). The copper pots work so well in this mix of white walls and subway tiles, colorful cookbooks, and the fabulous eat sign. I think the copper pots give a nice warmth to the interior, just like wood does. And they would look good together with my salt & pepper grinders.

So, maybe copper pots aren't too bad after all. What do you think?


  1. Jeg tror du kan kombinere! Om du ikke kan leve uten ryddig kjøkken bak lukkede skap, og Sølve vil ha rustikke kjeler fremme, tror jeg absolutt det kan bli en finfin kombinasjon. Jeg kaller det rustikk minimalisme!

  2. i really like this. my dream kitchen would have copper pots hanging from above. i like that the cookbooks are in the kitchen. i wish i could make some space and have all mine in the kitchen.

  3. i'm like you, i like things to be away and out of sight but i'm warming more and more to having things 'out', like these copper pots. they could work very well in a sleek black and white kitchen, adding a touch of homeliness.



Related Posts with Thumbnails