Friday, 9 April 2010

salt & pepper


Huset på Planen challenges us to show her our salt and pepper shakers/grinders. Here are mine, from Peugeot. The classic shape of them make me think of French bistros, red and white checkered tablecloths and savoury food. I think they look great with my other rustic accessories; terracotta flower pots and unpolished brass candle holders.

Btw, the wooden box in the back contained feta cheese that we brought home from Greece and the red tin contained tuna in olive oil that I brought home from Parma. The rolling pin is from the fantastic kitchenware shop E. Dehillerin, brought home from our October trip to Paris. The brown pot in the back is traditional ceramics from my hometown Sandnes, and the small bowl in front (seen better here) was a gift from my friend the 10 cent designer. It often contains Maldon salt. The tray and the steel box (for bread, crispbread and crackers) are from IKEA. The oil bottle is a Rosendahl carafe. I must admit that I'm not a huge fan of the Grand Cru series from Rosendahl - even though we have this cafare pluss 10 tumblers and 3 water carafes (they were all gifts, I hope I didn't offend anyone now!). The design is ok, but I wouldn't have bought them myself. It feels like it's everywhere (at least in Norwegian shops and magazines), if you understand what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. jeg er så enig med deg angående grand cru, jeg er ikke fan i det hele tatt. bare synd at hele familien har fått det for seg at jeg samler (wtf?!?) og jeg har nå en haug med vannglass, ølglass, ildfast form, dessertskåler og vanlige skåler.. whaaat? :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails