Monday, 12 April 2010

Charlotte shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Charlotte?

Film makes me want to be better. It makes me really think about my shots - I try to pause, to think twice and click once. I love the heaviness, the clunks, whirs and mechanics of a film camera like my Nikon FM2. Sometimes, I'm completely sure that certain shots will be my personal winners from a roll, but often it's others that surprise me more. I love the variety of different films, the grain, tones and hues, but I have a huge soft spot for the blues of slide film. I tried to love digital, I really did, but it just didn't do it for me. People talk about a time when digital will be able to replicate film, to achieve the depth of tone, grain and wonder that it possesses but I can't say that excites me. I don't want something pretending to be something that was once better. I want the original. Film will always have my heart.

You can see more of Charlotte's photos here.

4 comments:

  1. such great words about film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg elsker denne serien din, veldig inspirerende, både den og deg:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! she's right, film makes u try to be better

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails