Friday, 5 March 2010

hang on

I like this Hang On coat rack by Thomas Alken (photo by Erik Brahl, via Dailytonic). I normally don't like a mix of different types of wood, but I really like the resourceful use of material.

I often got fascinated by the many wonderful pieces of waste wood that naturally appears in the creation of PP Møbler’s collection. There were pieces in ash, maple, oak, beech, walnut and cherry as well as various other wood types, which I didn’t immediately recognize. Each piece was like colour samples: Both individually beautiful, but also exciting in a mix of many different, where colour and grain look good in combinations. These pieces of waste wood fascinated me. They where far too good to burn but too small to be part of a chair or a table. So I went home wondering if I could figure out a good product that would make use of them.

1 comment:


Related Posts with Thumbnails