Tuesday, 23 February 2010
A favorite dinner this winter has been various vegetable stews, with or without meat. They are healthy and easy to make, and are excellent for leftover dinners. In my opinion they even taste better the next day. Yesterday I made a spicy version and here is how I made it:
- diced root vegetables: potatoes, swedish turnip, carrots, onion and celery root
- water enough to cover the vegetables + stock cubes
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- spices: garlic, a small red hot chili, herbs de Provence, Worcestershire sauce, pepper
- meat from the freezer, I think it was sirloin of beef, pan fried with chili explosion
- let it simmer until the vegetables are done
The rest of this week's dinner menu will of course be posted on Sunday.
Btw, the bowl is a thrift store find; an old Figgjo Flint piece.