Monday, 15 February 2010

Mary shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Mary?

I like shooting film because I feel like it makes me a better photographer. With film I am forced to process and think about what I am doing. Even with all the thought processes there are still surprises and most of the time I fall in love with those surprises. Sometimes after taking a shot I’ll think about it until its time to develop the whole roll and when looking at the photo, the feeling I get isn’t the same feeling I would get if it was digital. I think the wait makes me love it even more.

I also grew up on film/ with film. When I think about my film cameras I think about my family and it’s something I want to continue. The history I have with film makes it timeless to me.


You can see more of Mary's film photos in this set on Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. There's a lot I can identify with here. And, oh, that photo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails