Monday, 4 January 2010

Johanna shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Johanna?

I'm quite bored with the overflow of megapixels right now. But the main reason I shoot film is that I simply like the tools better. I have worked with a lot of different digital cameras, but I've never really liked any of them. When I shoot film I work with cameras that I love, even admire. My Hasselblad 500c/m and Nikon FM with their heavy bodies is for top quality, and my plastic cameras (Lomo LC-A, Holga 120N, Polaroid 635cl) is for more spontaneous shooting with unpredictable results. You learn so much by trying different kinds of film and formats.

You can see more of Johannas photos on her blog and her Flickr.


  1. Great post! I love Johanna Wallin's blog. Her photos are so inspiring and the tones are wonderful.

  2. I would like to shoot film as before but I have difficulties with scanning.Film scanners are too expensive for me.My flat scanner its not so good,any suggestion?



Related Posts with Thumbnails