Monday, 25 January 2010

Debra shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Debra?

I shoot film for all the usual reasons:
the grain,
the way each type of film is different so I have to think differently each time I load a new roll,
the excitement at the first time I hold a negative up to the light,
the satisfaction of developing my own black and whites.

But most of all it's a commitment. There's no going back, no winding up the ISO or changing the colour balance. And there's no delete button on my camera. And that makes me think differently about each and every frame I shoot.


You can see more of Debra's film photos here.

1 comment:

  1. But most of all it's a commitment. There's no going back, no winding up the ISO or changing the colour balance.

    This is so true. People are forgetting what it was like just to be able to take one shot, it's a whole world apart from digital photography.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails