Sunday, 24 January 2010

chocolate fondant



I made chocolate fondant for the first time today. I must admit that it's not my favorite dessert, but since Sølve loves it so much (he doesn't really have a sweet thooth) I thought I would give it a try.

I used this quick and simple recipe. The first batch was no success. I used muffin cups that were too small, so the fondants turned out over-cooked and weird. The second batch that I baked in ramekins was almost perfect (photo above), but I would like the centre to be more runny. Also I think they tasted a little dull. Maybe this Gordon Ramsay recipe is better?

Do you have a good chocolate fondant recipe?

Btw, I know we need vanilla ice cream with the fondants next time. Mmmm!

7 comments:

  1. This recipe for molten chocolate cake is similar and pretty decent. Yeah, it is from Gwyneth Paltrow's site, but it still works.

    http://goop.com/newsletter/21/?utm_source=Goop+Newsletter&utm_campaign=05a922b464-Goop21_02_12_2009&utm_medium=email

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my these look simply amazing! i don't know a recipe but will send it to you if i find one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. db - Thanks for the recipe. It looks rather similar to the one I used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These ones are good...lovely and dark and melty :)

    http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=228

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nigellas fondant recipie. Try some home made coconut ice and fresh raspberries or "rørte bringebær" to go with it. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails