Monday, 25 January 2010

aioli


Christine of the cool Norwegian blog gun hip, swollen lip asked me for my aioli recipe after I posted this. I use a recipe from Anna Bergenström's book God mat, and it goes like this:

Press 3 cloves of garlic through a garlic press into a bowl. Add 2 egg yolks and stir. Carefully add a small stream of ca 2,5 dl olive oil. Continue to stir (I use a handheld electric mixer) and make sure that the yolks and oil don't separate. Add a little bit of salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.

Photo by my sister Mari

PS: Check Wikipedia for more information about aioli.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds good and not that bad to accomplish! I love good aioli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Let me be a little bit picky, it's aLioli, not aioli. It's a catalan recipe and in catalan it literally means: garlic and oil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind language picking ;-) I'm refering to the Provençal version - check Wikipedia for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aioli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! L'l'aïoli! Reminds me of home, some veggies, an egg, some fish and the sauce. Perfect meal, not too heavy but still fills in your stomach nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. åh, tusen takk for oppskrift :D kanskje jeg får testet den allerede til helgen? var hvertfall mye lettere enn jeg hadde sett for meg :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails