Monday, 21 December 2009

Meg shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Meg?

I did not want to shoot film. I wanted a DSLR - that I did not have money for - to take on vacation. It was all very sad and "poor me" and such.

In a making-the-best-of-it spirit, I dragged out my film camera that I hadn't used in nearly 10 years and purchased a few rolls. I didn't expect much, but it would be better than my digital point and shoot. Film was very much the understudy, the second place, the last ditch option.

And, my goodness, was I shocked when I got that film back. I loved it. Some shots were good, some were crappy, but I loved all of them for the serendipity alone. It was all so much fun.

Film and processing can add up, so I didn't intend to keep shooting with film after vacation, but, "Oh, I'll just finish this last roll." You see where I'm going with this, no? It's been nearly 4 months since, and I think I'm on my 14th "last roll."

You can see more of Meg's film shots here.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails