Sunday, 25 October 2009

Rachel shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Rachel?

For me, shooting film captures an essence, an emotion that isn't present in digital images. I find the process of photography as important to my work as the images themselves. Hearing the click of the shutter and feeling the film advance under my hand inspires me to shoot more. Also, with digital cameras I often find myself immediately looking at the image. I'll taken photo after photo trying to get that "perfect" picture, noticing all the tiny flaws. With film, I take my photo and then have to wait for the result. When I finally see the image I am able to enjoy the result without picking apart the photo. It's ultimately the soul of film photography that keeps me coming back again and again.

You can see more of Rachel's photos in this and this set on Flickr.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails