Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Hannah shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Hannah?

There is something so tactile about shooting film that I love. The act of taking the film out of the canister, loading it into the camera, winding and forwarding, clicking, the kerplunk of the shutter, more winding. It takes all of this action and movement, then grinds it to a halt while you wait and wonder. Did I get anything? I wonder if I had my settings right? Or you just plain forgot what you shot, and when you finally get to take a look at your labor, sometimes it's surprise and delight, and sometimes it's agony and disappointment. Whatever it is, it's hard to stop.

You can see all of Hannah's film shots in this set on Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. hannah takes such lovely pictures, doesn't she?



Related Posts with Thumbnails