Saturday, 17 October 2009

Ann-Kathrin shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Ann-Kathrin?

It's the light.
Nothing captures a blindingly bright streak of sunshine or a temptingly gloomy patch of darkness as film does.
When I think about taking a photograph I have a certain image in my mind that I want to achieve. This doesn't necessarily correlate with the actual situation. Using film to shoot a photograph is like painting the picture you can imagine.
Film truly tells the story of what could have been.
Film uncovers what I have seen.


You can see Ann-Kathrin's (a.k.a. Keksofant) film photos on Flickr; here and here.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Astrid for letting me be part of this! I enjoy the whole series a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, the light! and a-k does it so so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the light! That sounds like a great reason to shoot film! I took my first film in years to the lab today - can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails