Wednesday, 9 September 2009

the sofa mission

I'm kind of in the search for the perfect sofa.

I love our orange sofa, but it's not as comfortable as The Perfect Sofa should be. It's a great number two sofa.

The Kramfors sofa from IKEA is much more comfortable, especially when watching movies on our not so pretty, but oh so much fun home cinema system, but there are a few things I don't like about it. Mainly it just takes a lot of space in our livingroom because it's so huge. I'm not sure I like the shape or the brown leather either.

What is my Perfect Sofa? It's easy, but also very difficult; it should look good and be comfortable for two persons to snuggle up in. Quality and price are also important issues.

I'm going to start collect ideas for my perfect sofa here in this space, starting with Danish designer Finn Juhl's Poet sofa.

It's such a beautifully shaped sofa. I have never tried it or even seen it live, so I don't know if it's comfortable. I'm not sure it would look so good in the same room together with the orange sofa. I think the shapes would be too similar. It's better with a bit of contrast; like the curvy orange sofa together with the square Kramfors.

I think the Poet would be a nice number two sofa. It might be too small to be The Perfect Sofa.

Poet photos from OneCollection.

So guys, do you have a Perfect Sofa?


  1. the illusive perfect sofa...we have been looking for years, and have yet to find one that fits through our front door. good luck with your search.

  2. I like the unique designs of that sofa.

  3. The shape of the sofa is very sexy. I love it.

  4. Den er så vakker! Tenk, for noen år siden fant jeg en på et loppemarked, men kunne ikke få den med hjem,,,det var kjipe greier. Tror de skulle ha 150 kr eller noe sånt. SUKK!

  5. astrid, as you write: for us it was very hard to find "the sofa" we wanted. comfy, not too big, good shape, not too expensive, etc. in the end we chose one where you can put parts together. we like it, but it is for sure not "the sofa" for ever.
    the shape of that sofa is beautiful!

  6. I love, love, love the Poet Sofa. I have been ogling it for a looong time and it's high on my "when I can afford it" list. Which is long. And not very realistic.

  7. The Poet is quite a tiny one, but I wouldn't mind having one in my household to lounge on, definitely not.

  8. Aaah, Finn Juhl! Love. I also love Carl Malmsten's sofas...



Related Posts with Thumbnails