Thursday, 24 September 2009

mav shoots film

Why do you shoot film, mav?

I like the surprise. I find no satisfaction in taking a digital photograph and pulling my camera away from my eye to see the photograph right then and there. I see how it is a useful way to take photographs but it doesn't please my heart, mind or soul. I do, however, adore carrying a little point-n-shoot with me in my bag everyday, shooting as I see something and getting the film back not knowing what the negatives will reveal. There are so few surprises in life; using film to take photographs is a lovely surprise for me.

See more of mav's photos on Flickr, and check out her other projects here.


  1. this is such a lovely way of describing the feeling of shooting film. i totally agree.

    what a lovely series, astrid, i'm really enjoying it!

  2. oh my gosh, i love this answer! i just have to post that last sentence, i hope that is ok...(all credit will be given)



Related Posts with Thumbnails