Sunday, 27 September 2009

Cristina shoots film

Why do you shoot film, Cristina?

My answer is almost immediate: I use film because of its quality. My prefered media, as a visual artist, are photography and painting. When I photograph, I either have a project, or I think it can become something to work on in the future. I am not a fundamentalist, though. I use digital, for another type of register – to document, or to share something quickly on the web.

You can see Cristina's photos on Flickr and on her website.

If you are in Porto, Portugal today (Sunday September 27th), you should stop by the opening of the group exhibition she has curated; Introspective. It features photographs by herself, Nana Kokoyama and Marie Ek. I really wish I had stayed in Porto for a few more days so I could see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails