Sunday, 14 June 2009

banana muffins



Normally I'm not a big fan of banana flavored food, except bananas. But now I have become totally hocked on these banana muffins (adapted from this). Whenever I have 2 or 3 well ripe bananas lying around, I'll make these muffins.

50 g butter
3 bananas
100 g sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tsp baking powder
250 g flour

For the best flavor, use well ripe bananas. Mash the bananas, add sugar, vanilla sugar, melted butter and egg. Stir. Add flour and baking powder. Stir until you get a smooth batter. Put the batter in muffin paper cups and bake for ca 13 minutes at 200°C.

What do you do with your well ripe (brown) bananas?

5 comments:

  1. i'm the exact same way, banana flavor is not my favorite. but these muffins look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, have to make this sometime! Looks delicious and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look fantastic. i usually make banana bread (molly's recipe and throw walnuts in or other nuts if we have them) and keep over-ripe bananas in the freezer so when i need them i can snip the end off and squeeze out the squishy banana :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate over-ripe bananas, so I never buy more than one or two at a time, that way I'm sure I'll be able to eat them before they get all ...soft and icky. But if I ever find myself with too many bananas, I'll definitely try this recipe! Looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It says sugar two times in the receipe. I guess one of them should be butter. But which is which?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails