Monday, 25 May 2009

photos galore




As I mentioned in my previous post, I have uploaded a whole lot of photos to Flickr lately. Most of them are private, but I just uploaded a bunch that is public too. There are a few from our home (like the ones above), some from my everyday life, and some flowers from our garden. I know flower photos can be really boring, but having a garden makes it so much fun to photograph them. I also like to document our garden from month to month. If you have a garden, I think you know what I mean. Because flowers are pretty, right? :-)

My photos on Flickr

I have thought about getting a new photo editing program. So far I have used Photoshop Elements 2.0, that I got with my first digital camera (Canon EOS 300D), and it has worked very well for me. I have heard so much good stuff about Lightroom, so I downloaded the free trail yesterday. I think it's always a little hard to start using a new program, and I'm not sure Lightroom is the thing for me. But I'll give it a try.

What kind of photo editing program do you guys use? Are you happy with it?

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful house. I can feel the nordic spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så fin oransje sofa! Jeg har også en orange sofa, men den er i skinn. Det lyser opp så fint :).

    Veldig fine bilder forresten!

    Hilsen Linn/Lauritz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use both. And while I really like Lightroom for some quick changes, color corrections and stuff esp. when it comes to batch processing I use Photoshop more often. And I'm still not used to managing my images with Lightroom also it would be much more organized I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Takk, Linn. Hurra for oransje sofa! Her er forresten sofaen i all sin prakt - 450 kr på Fretex :-)

    I see that Lightroom must be perfect for managing and organizing photos. But I already have a system for organizing that works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised to learn that you don't use Photoshop. I use Photoshop CS3 and love it. It comes with another program called Bridge, which makes looking through batches of photos really easy. Then when you click on one it opens it in Photoshop so you can edit it.

    In terms of color-correcting tools in Photoshop, I mostly just adjust levels of RGB, but I also use Curves which is a little more advanced. I also crop and rotate things, and you can rotate down to hundredths of degrees if you want something really straight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home...it's sooo nice!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. photoshop all the way! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. jeg er også litt overrasket over at du ikke bruker photoshop, det er klart det beste programmet til bildebehandling, du har uendelige muligheter uten at du trenger å gjøre det så avansert :) jeg bruker kun lightroom når jeg behandler raw-filer jeg :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails