Monday, 3 November 2008

Swedish design


I have said it before; sometimes it feels good to look back and find inspiration and motivation in work I have already done.

Most of you know by now that I'm a regular contributor to NO magazine. Mostly I write about design, but I also write about food and drinks. In the next couple of days I'll share some of the things I have written for NO lately.

The theme of issue 19 of NO (published in April 2008) was Sweden. I wrote about Swedish design and other visual arts. Read the whole article here on my work website. Yes, it's in Norwegian, but here are some teasers for you who don't understand my language.


Designer and interior designer Alexander Lervik. Interior PUSH nightclub in Gothenburg, Sweden. See more photos here. Photo by Mikael Olsson.


Illustrator and artist Camilla Engman.


Clothing brand Cheap Monday.


The Block lamp by Harri Koskinen for Design House Stockholm.


The design store DesignTorget.


Architecture and design studio Electric Dreams. Interior in Pleasant bar in Stockholm, Sweden.


Clothing brand Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair.


Horse lamp for Moooi by the design group Front.


Clothing brand Hope.


Clothing brand Minimarket.


Cloud for Offecct by Monica Förster.


String shelf system. Photo by Johan Kalén.


Clothing brand Odd Molly, photo Robert Eldrim.


Pia Wallén


Illustrator and graphic designer Sandra Juto.


Textile and furniture design company Svenskt Tenn.


Shoes brand Tretorn.


Clothing brand Whyred.


Walldecorations from Wonderwall.

One of NO's designers, Halvor Bodin, has posted some spreads from NO19 here. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Tackade jag för tidningen?! Tack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, Camilla, jeg tror du gjorde det :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, how fabulous!!! and i LOVE that red dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been working with? I'm having some small security problems with my latest blog
    and I'd like to find something more safe. Do you have any suggestions?
    Here is my web page erinmore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Useful info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I am stunned why this coincidence did not happened in advance!
    I bookmarked it.
    My site :: drum tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of
    volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to work on.
    You have done a marvellous job!
    my webpage - amphora tobacco

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails