Tuesday, 2 October 2007

I'm Boo

I simple love the shape and name of this carafe. I'm Boo. It's by the great Norwegian design group Norway Says for Danish Muuto.

On their website it says that Muuto is striving to expand the Scandinavian design tradition with fresh and original perspectives. The name Muuto is inspired by the Finish word "muutos", which means "fresh perspective".

Norway Says about I'm Boo: Boo is like the skin, or a balloon surrounding the water with openings that tell the simple story of fluid motion in and out of the glass. The carafe exudes a strong personality , as if it's saying: "I'm Boo, who are you?".

Wallpaper likes I'm Boo: "Norwegian triumvirate Torbjørn Anderssen, Andreas Engsvik and Espen Voll are preoccupied with things that speak. As a collaborative they call themselves "Norway Says", and now they've designed a carafe for the Danish design group Muuto called "I'm Boo". The carafe, which comes in blue-grey or purple glass, is a design classic with a twist; a side pourer lends the elegantly curved oblong a quirky irreverence."

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails