Thursday, 16 August 2007

even more travel thoughts



Even more travel related thoughts today. Bits and pieces on my mind, things that make me happy.

- I just noticed I have a tan line from the earrings I wore the whole holiday.

- I'm still waiting to pick up the films I shot while in Croatia. I like this kind of waiting and not knowing what to expect from the photos.

- Thursday evening we had a Croatia inspired dinner: fried white fish (should have been grilled, but we passed because of the pouring rain), and a mix of boiled potatoes, spinach, garlic and herbs. Simple and so good.

- I'm glad we brought home a couple of the great Croatian wines we enjoyed there; the white Posip Cara from the island Korcula and the two reds Zlatan Plavac and Plavac, both from the island Hvar.

- I actually didn't shop anything else than food and wine. Not sure what it means. Maybe it simply means that it was a totally relaxing holiday filled with great food, wine, sun (oh how I miss the feeling of the warm (not burning) sun on my skin!), friends, and my love, Sølve.

This Friday's Flickr Favorites are inspired by traveling:

chairs by Frosk - makes me want to read my book on the deck of a ship when it's a little cold, so I have to wear a blanket
where the happy music came from by h2okatcher - makes me want to go back to this truly wonderful Italian village
Dawn at Concordia by Kelly Cheng - makes me want to go hiking in mountains higher than the Norwegian mountains (2469 m)
Cinghiale by rdesai - makes me want to go food shopping at market and in small shops in Italy, France or Croatia
Chairs at Salotto 42 by Hypnotic Aubergine - makes me want to have cappuccino and watch people go by at an outdoor cafe in a country where the temperature is so comfortable that you can actually sit outside all year

I'm off for a couple of days, for fun and work. I'll write again next week. Till then, happy times!

6 comments:

  1. this sounds like such a wonderful vacation... thank you for sharing these snippets! love, love your flickr picks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your way of posting your trip pictures in parts, I think I will do the same! It's just so overwhelming to choose only a few pictures for a post from hundreds of pictures taken on a trip, or upload and write a description on Flickr for too many pictures at a time.
    I don't know if I'm making any sense, but basically I haven't done anything for my pictures from my summer trip, but now I will pick a few to post at a time! :)

    Oh and thank you for the Flickr link of Cinque Terre. I have added it on the list of places I want to visit!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos, astrid! how i wish i could have the warm sun on my face:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that top photo!
    looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and one other thing,
    love that you got tan lines from your earrings!
    that's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh look at the wonderful food. Croatia sounds like it was wonderful. Can't wait for summer!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails