Wednesday, 20 June 2007

Tias Eckhoff

Hei guys! Hope you had a good weekend. Thanks a lot for your comments over the weekend. I appreciate your visits here. I'll try to catch up with you all... I'm back from my three days long round trip to Northern Scotland. I had a really great time. I'll be uploading photos on my Flickr - take a look if you're interested.

Today I want to give you a short introduction to a grand old man in Norwegian industrial design, Tias Eckhoff. Today he receives The Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav for his long career as an industrial designer and for making Norwegian design know both nationally and internationally. The order is bestowed as a "reward for excellent service to Country and mankind".

Eckhoff is 81 years old, and he started his work at Porsgrund Porselænsfabrik in 1949 when he designed the table ware Det riflede. Among other things he has designed the cutlery Cypress (1953) for Danish Georg Jensen and Maya (1960), Tiki and Una (1974) for Norsk Stålpress.

Photos: Det riflede, Blomquist Kunsthandel. Maya, Norstaal.


  1. i love the cutlery here. the shape is perfect.

    welcome back home astrid!

  2. Welcome back!

    Thanks for that post about Tias Eckhoff...I love the cutlery. It looks like plastic cutlery for grown-ups. Fun.



Related Posts with Thumbnails