Kodak Ultramax 400, Minolta SRT 101 // about the project
Wednesday, 28 September 2016
Tuesday, 27 September 2016
so very much in need of a nap // oh the Monday blues
The best way to shake the Monday blues: a pretty sunset plus catching up on life with the bestest @marenlerang
workday pick-me-up leftovers in transit - from basement home office to kitchen
Friday evening home cinema
Saturday morning obstacle course
celebrating love and years passing // yet again spoilt with impeccable home cooking
freshly made orange juice, eggs and bacon // Sunday brunch done right - in-laws' style
two weeks to go before my first exam // no panic - yet
the September summer continues // good times with water sprinkler underneath the trampoline
"What are you doing, Sara?"
"Waiting for my friend."
- - -
Week 38: September 19-25
Monday, 26 September 2016
After the witching hour there is peace and quiet - and this. So thankful for this. And wine.
September 13, 27 C // hardly had this type of temperature during summer
oh the endless clutter
these two // sharing Sverre's lunch box leftovers on our way home from kindergarten
pre bedtime colouring session with a side of milk
Wednesday evening mini date // walking home - hand in hand - from kindergarten parents' evening
just like that he turned 1
a very special mid September garden party
beyond excited about walking - not yet alone though
checking out the birthday gift he got from his big sister // also: a few seconds of standing without support (look at my excited expression - hahaha!)
the fox was an instant hit
bare feet, bare legs and fallen birch foliage // September contrasts
all the horsepower // pyjamas and granddad's mc
"Mamma, since Sverre can't choose his own birthday cake, can I choose for him?"
A cure for my Saturday afternoon study fail: strong coffee and leftover birthday cake. Hopefully this will keep me from falling asleep again.
Røssdalen altså! Så himla vakkert! // the most beautiful Sunday hike
Week 37: September 12-18
Friday, 23 September 2016
|For some odd reason I really like this shot - thinking it might look good in (matte, not glossy) print. // London, June 2010 // Kodak Ektar 100, Canon EOS 500N|
- waking up before Sverre and the alarm clock - oh the (very rare) luxury of being alone in the bathroom in the morning!
- Sverre walked a couple of steps without support - and was SO proud!
- being "forced" to read more - especially fiction - now that I'm a high school Norwegian (and English) teacher
- also still completely hooked on audiobooks on Storytel - finished "De usynlige" by Roy Jacobsen last week, finished "Not That Kind of Girl" by Lena Dunham yesterday and started "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak today
- hummus with arugula - good idea!
- the color coordinated posts on this Tumblr
- this photo, this one and this one
- the new fyldig (thick/Greek-like) blueberry and cranberry yoghurt from Tine
- homemade broccoli soup for dinner
- waffles with rolled oats for supper - eaten whilst standing next to Sara who sat on the kitchen counter
- the photos and location of this shoot
- my home office Fridays
- the luxury of working a 80 % position instead of full time - I do have my part time studies though
- my mother and mother-in-law who picks up the children in kindergarten one afternoon each every week - so, so thankful for this help!
- these two new to me Instagram feeds: Sanne Hop and Tessa Hop
- the slight chill in the air now that the heat from last week has dropped
- this post by Elisabeth made me put IKEA's new Knotten on my wish list for the hallway - we need a new way to organise keys, wallets, mail etc. The current system is not working very well.
- - -
Things I don't like lately
- a feverish Sara
- our kaput dishwasher
- my exam is in two weeks and I dread it
Thursday, 22 September 2016
Røssdalen - such a gorgeous place! And such perfect weather! So happy to finally be back in this valley and happy to see how much the kids enjoyed it too.
Søndagstur: A typical Norwegian activity involving taking a walk, seemingly purposeless, but which to a Norwegian means fitness, freedom and tradition. Søndagstur is a tur (trip, hike, walk) on Sundays, often so institutionalised in the Norwegian’s mind that it will take place in any type of weather. A variation of this is skitur, which is a tur done in winter on cross-country skis. (Spot on description found here.)