Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Monday, 22 August 2016
Friday, 19 August 2016
|from the May film of my a roll of film a month project // Kodak Gold 200, Minolta SRT 101|
- Sverre turned 11 months this week!
- Sverre started kindergarten this week and it seems like he likes it
- Sverre has started to take an interest in books
- Sverre's second word (after mamma): ball! His favourite toy!
- the fact that I can see both sea and mountains from my desk at school
- a slower start to my new work/student life than expected - but still SO much to learn!
- Sara has inherited my old stereo player and loves listening to music in her room - with the door shut
- drinking my Monday night cap (chamomile tea) in the sofa watching the moon outside the living room windows
- harvesting kale from our own garden - I had no idea this would bring me such joy
- dinners on the terrace
- warm, sunny days - yet there is a slight change in the air - it feels a little crisper in the morning and evening
- the new IKEA catalogue - I have kept every catalogue since 1998 #nerd
- Fridays off work (I have a 80 % position) - not completely off though; I still have my studies
- meeting a new colleague who is going to study the same as me
- the redesign of one of my favorite blogs, Practicing Simplicity
- this dress from COS (via Ingvild)
- - -
Things I don't like lately
- our dishwasher is broken so we have to do the dishes the old fashioned way - grateful for audiobooks to keep me company (currently listening to the first of Knausgård's "My Struggle" novels - I don't think I'll continue with the next five)
- Sverre is back in the habit of waking up at 5 am
- I still have a bad cough, especially at night
Thursday, 18 August 2016
happy to be united after a weekend apart // I really needed the break tough
I love seeing how Sara's drawing skills develop.
I love hearing how excited he gets when he sees cats - both in books and real life.
His favorite amongst the books at Åsly: the little English one about growing pumpkins. Bonus: there are cats in it!
a souvenir from Trondheim // such pretty ceramics from Danish Studio Arhjo
Slooowly getting back to work mode while my oldest niece is out for Sverre's nap time pram walk (he slept for a record of nearly three hours!!).
family hike // finally a day (mostly) without rain
summer snow is fun
zigzag mountain roads
Who needs toys when there's a kitchen full of fun stuff?!
had fun with ropes and heights today // luckily we were closer to the ground than to the treetops
sharing his treasures with grandma
baby dinner time
two seconds later
No time for photos when her cousins are ahead of her up the path.
family selfie // from the oh so rainy Friday hike
øsende regn, pøsende regn
lunch time shelter from the pouring rain
summer traffic on narrow Norwegian fjord roads
dappled light love
She asked if they could play outside together. I happily accepted.
He is finally able to explore the house by himself. Yay for crawling!
Week 31: August 1-7
Wednesday, 17 August 2016
10 am nap time pram walk cloud watching
2:30 pm nap time pram walk flower watching
While Sverre is napping and Sølve is painting the garage, we hang out at this new to us playground. Then there will be...
We still have one and a half week left of our summer holiday, yet I find myself wanting to fast forward to autumn. August will be super busy with me starting my new teaching job and studies (again, this time the Norwegian language and literature) plus Sverre starting kindergarten. There will be lots of adjusting to the routines (and most likely chaos) of our new everyday life. I dread it yet I look forward to it, especially the part where I get to be more Astrid, not just mamma-Astrid. Until then I'll force myself to enjoy the calm before the storm.
Norwegian summer // oh the drama
good morning from Voss
Trondheim bound - all by myself
dressed to the nines before 10 am
all the love // and rain
happy, happy wedding sisters
beautiful wedding // beautiful location
10 pm wedding view
cookie monster // I never manage to limit myself at cake buffets and I always end up feeling sick - will I ever learn?
playing tourist with my parents // never tire of this beauty
post wedding lunch: lukewarm pâté served with bacon, mushrooms, leek, pickled beets and rye bread at Baklandet Skydsstation - so, so good!
- followed by coffee and cake at Soil
Bakklandet - a must whenever I'm in Trondheim
- - -
Week 30: July 25-31