Monday, 8 February 2016
In June I finished grading a total of 85 student midterm papers, felt the load of being a full-time working pregnant mamma, shared a few photos of my home office, had the first al fresco dinner of the season and the first garden party in our garden, started the process of painting our house, ate rhubarb from our own garden for the first time, hung out with my sister and her 7 months son, enjoyed the start of my 7 weeks summer holiday after a very busy school year, longed for bare legs weather and had bacon and egg for brunch every weekend.
Everyday stories: life, week 23 // life, week 24 // life, week 25 // life, week 26
Friday, 5 February 2016
|pussy willow galore from my 2010 archives|
- Amanda's new project Homesong (I love her Instagram too)
- this new to me food blog: Familiemat (family food)
- the idea of daily habits for happiness
- rhubarb strawberry crumble with homemade ice cream (I use this brilliant recipe)
- homemade bread
- carnival costumes from IKEA - I got the eagle (my favourite) and the bat
- Sverre has started to take keen interest in the food we eat
- plans of baking cardamom buns on Sunday because of fastelavn
- mixed nuts and banana (plus the usual sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon) on my morning oatmeal porridge
- the first pussy willow buds and snowbells (not in our garden yet though) of the season
- mornings and afternoons are getting brighter
- seeing how Sara's drawing skills evolves
- chocolate mousse
- successfully transferring a sleeping Sverre from boob to bed - it always feels like such a victory!
- this interview with one of my favorite bloggers, Erin Boyle of Reading my tealeaves
- habit shift: cloth napkins (we use these kitchen towels as cloth napkins - to get them a little less wrinkly without ironing them, I air dry them instead of tumble dry them)
- differences between British and American English
- successfully getting Sara's pacifiers from the pacifier tree just in time before they cut it down (because of complaints that plastic does not belong in nature plus they make a mess) - and just in time to get my fifteen minutes of fame via NRK Rogaland and TV Vest (fun yet a bit embarrassing - I feel much more comfortable behind the camera as the journalist)
- - -
Things I don't like lately
- a sore throat
- ice glazed roads and forgetting my brodder (I have no idea what this is called in English) at home
Thursday, 4 February 2016
In May I finished my pedagogics studies, finally had film developed, I was interviewed by Frankie magazine, enjoyed clear blue skies and blooming trees, celebrated our 17th anniversary as a couple, graded a huge pile of student midterm papers and continued to do a lot of weekend working, was reunited with our best friends from Bergen, was gifted a custom made pennant from our best Sandnes friends, made chocolate mousse and panna cotta with raspberry sauce, was super thankful for the generosity of my mother-in-law who volunteered to sew all our curtains, bought a yellow rug for our living room (even though yellow is not my favorite color), had to give my bound the day off on the Constitution Day due to my growing belly and watched our fresh lawn slowly growing and getting green.
- - -
Everyday stories: life, week 18 // life, week 19 // life, week 20 // life, week 21 // life, week 22
Wednesday, 3 February 2016
Trying to scare away the sweets craving with a green lunch. Avocado topped with chilli flakes, sesame seeds and sea salt on homemade no-knead oat bread, a diced kiwi and two fresh dates for dessert.
Looks like the days of the baby activity gym are coming to an end.
Continuing my quest to scare away the sugar craving monster with this lunch of homemade oat bread with avocado topped with sesame seeds, chilli and sea salt (like yesterday) plus Philadelphia cheese with salami and cucumber, diced kiwi, blue grapes and fresh dates.
Looking rather surprised about his fresh rolling over skills.
before 9 am // mornings are getting brighter
We were getting ready for a little pram walk around the lake; Sverre was already in the pram - screaming his lungs out. Yet I just had to take a moment and document this light. Because light like this can make my day.
typical west coast winter
trying to get into the habit of going for a pram walk every day // this week is very good so far #astridspramwalkdiaries
plus quinoa, feta and lørdagspølse (sausage) from the local butcher
Tor the storm is coming // apparently it's Jonas leftovers
excited to find Tuscan kale in the store today // who gets excited about kale anyway? #foodnerd
I could tell you a lot about this little guy's lacking ability to nap and fall asleep today, but I won't. Instead I'll say: yay it's Friday!
trying to keep our skating skills fresh
A bad photo of a dinner and a weekend I want to remember. That béarnaise sauce was the best I have ever had! Sauce master K's trick: cayenne.
- - -
Week 4: January 25-31